Understanding that diet can contribute to all sorts of health conditions—including rheumatoid arthritis (of which I was diagnosed today), I created this healthful and flavorful meatless meal featuring easy-to-cook green lentils for dinner tonight.
This meal is influenced by the flavors of Thailand and India. It’s packed with all kinds of goodness.
Green Curry Lentils with Spinach
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1-inch grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 Tbsp May Ploy Green Curry Paste
- 2 cups dried green lentils
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 10-ounce bag fresh baby spinach
- hot, freshly cooked basmati or jasmine rice
In a large skillet or Dutch oven, sauté onion in oil until translucent. Add garlic, ginger, and green curry paste until well blended.
Stir in lentils and canned tomatoes and blend. Add hot water and cook until lentils are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in coconut milk until well blended. Right before serving, mix in spinach and stir until slightly wilted.
Serve over hot cooked rice if desired.