While my family enjoyed some spicy beef tacos, I chose a healthier option without sacrificing flavor. This Mediterranean-style salad with garbanzo beans provides a light, fresh protein source.
Make this salad at least 4 hours ahead of time so that the flavors have time to blend.
Mediterranean-Style Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 1 16-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and quartered
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine all ingredients in a plastic, glass, or ceramic bowl. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
I served mine as a meal over a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce. It will serve as an excellent accompaniment to grilled chicken.